Do you ever feel as though getting back up again borders along the impossible? As though your misstep, failure, or hurt is is just too big? The fall too hard?
This weekend as I was watching my son and his team play basketball, I couldn’t help but be amazed at their tenacity. These kids play hard. It’s not a casual recreational basketball. It’s competitive-leave-everything-you’ve-got-on-the-floor kind of basketball. They run past exhaustion and they get back up time and time again after being slammed to the ground.
Honestly, it reminded me of my week.
Difficult news, challenging conversations, stressful situations, and kids that just
would. not. cooperate.
Unfortunately, it didn’t end well.
It ended in a big time Mommy Fail.
I hit the ground hard and didn’t handle it at all like the athlete who can get back up and chase after the goal. Actually I sat on the floor for awhile thinking it was way too difficult on these aging bones to resume the race.
And at first I didn’t even handle it like a steadfast follower of Jesus.
Is anyone out there waving your hand in agreement? Or maybe just subtly nodding your head?
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have laid hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 3:13-14
Believe me, I know it’s not easy. Those moments of groveling almost feel good. It’s exactly what the enemy wants us to feel! But I do know that God is fighting for us. He’s not going to let us lose if we use Him as our strength instead of our own willpower.
So friends, even if it means dragging yourself up off the floor with everything you’ve got, do it by speaking God’s Word! Shout it out! Call on Him and He will lift you. It may not feel good right away, but friends, do it anyway!
The Power of Prayer
Because my hope is that you embrace the hope of Christ and experience living victoriously in Him, I love giving you prayers. Not because God doesn’t receive each and every heartfelt word you whisper to Him, but because I know when we pray Scripture, we are assured our prayers are within His will.
Therefore, today I have A Prayer for When You Need to Get Back Up Again.
But there’s more! I’m also offering my new 5-Day Hope Toolkit. In it, I offer a multitude of resources, but primarily 5 days of Scriptural prayers to equip you in claiming the victory of a hope-filled life! Click here for more details!
As I read through the amazing hope-filled posts from last week, there were powerful words that spoke life over my heart. Yes, that heart that was stuck on the floor wondering how, if ever, it would get back up again.
“Here’s the thing, it isn’t failing when we need to begin again, it’s planting our faith and seeing growth. We become more observant to the fear and the greater need and dependence on our Savior.” – Julie Loos
Julie, my dear friend over at Unmasking the Mess is doing just that! She is encouraging us to remember that below our feeble attempts to have the perfect smile, there’s a mess waiting below the surface that is not unique to only us. We all have messes and those messes are a part of the story God is writing through us. They are messes He redeems beyond our wildest dreams and they are messes that encourage us to get back up again. They remind us of the hope we have in Christ.
When you stop by her page, I know you will feel welcomed and encouraged because that is just the kind of person she is! Would you make sure to give her some #MomentsofHope kind of love by leaving a comment and sharing your words of hope with her?
In case this is the kind of hope you want to build this year, sign up to join us here in the Searching for Moments Community. You will receive content updates, behind the scenes information, and access to the resource filled Library of Hope.
Now to Link Up
What I ask of you:
1. Share up to 2 URLs (to a blog post, not the actual blog) that resonates with the topic of HOPE. Anything that gives us hope for tomorrow. Hope for victory. The little things and the big. Anything that inspires us to lean into Jesus and let Him carry us through.
2. Important: If you don’t have a blog post or podcast that resonates with HOPE, join in other ways as you pray and encourage others with a comment or a prayer.
3. Please leave a comment on the link just before each of your links. Would you love on them well? Encourage them in their efforts to share the hope of Jesus. If you have time, stop by more than one sweet writer’s little corner of the blog world!
4. Of course, I would love it if you would follow me via my blog and/or social media channels! Signing up to join the Searching for Moments Community gets you access to the Library of Hope along with post updates and freebies!
5. If this gives you hope, would you consider sharing it with others to give them hope, too?
6. Please either grab the #MomentsofHope button found here or link back to me to encourage new linkers.[inlinkz_linkup id=691040 mode=1]